Keys to have less celluliteIt is very difficult to find a woman who does not suffer from cellulite in some parts of her body at some point in her life. Cellulite appears because of the accumulation of fat, liquids, and toxins in the inner layer of our skin (subcutaneous tissue). And why does this happen? Because our blood and lymphatic circulation becomes slower and slower. The vessels become permeable and the fat cells in our body (adipocytes) increase, forming those bulges in the skin that cause us headaches.
WHY DOES CELLULITE APPEAR?
It usually has a genetic component; that is, if your mother has it, likely, you will also have it.
Hormonal factors: it is more frequent to appear during puberty, pregnancy, and menopause.
Triggering and aggravating factors:
- Circulatory problems.
- Adipose alterations (localized obesity).
- Inducing or aggravating medications (oral contraceptives, antithyroid drugs, beta-blockers).
- Inadequate lifestyle (sedentary lifestyle, alcohol abuse, smoking, excess sugar, saturated fats, fried foods, carbonated drinks, etc..)
- Emotional factors and stress
- Nutritional deficits and diets rich in carbohydrates and fats.
DEGREES OF CELLULITE
Depending on the severity, several stages, also known as degrees of cellulite, can be differentiated:
Grade I: orange peel skin visible when we pinch the skin.
Grade II: orange peel skin visible when standing with the naked eye, but not lying down.
Grade III: orange peel skin visible in any position.
Grade IV: visible and painful nodules. Must be treated by a physician.
IS CELLULITE AND ORANGE PEEL SKIN THE SAME THING?
The difference is that cellulite is the process that occurs in the deep layers of the skin, and orange peel skin is its external manifestation, the appearance we see on the skin formed by dimples and bumps.
DOES CELLULITE HAVE A SOLUTION?
Although there are no miracles to get rid of it - and if you are predisposed to suffer from it due to family inheritance, with a good diet and exercise, it will not disappear completely - the General Council of Pharmacists offers us some treatments that can help you reduce or eliminate it.
- Use anti-cellulite: apply with an upward circular massage from the ankle to the waist to stimulate blood circulation.
- Be consistent: Use it all year round, once or twice a day, instead of only in summer.
- Combine with a scrub: exfoliating the skin once or twice a week will increase the effectiveness of the treatment.
- Physical exercise: where there is no impact (walking is better than running).
- Eating a balanced diet: plays a particularly important role. It is necessary to select low-calorie foods that are low in fat and increase those that contain fiber, such as vegetables and fruits.
- Drink water: approximately 2 liters per day throughout the day, although the amount needed varies depending on the height of each person. It helps to eliminate toxins, drain and burn fat.
- Limit excessive heat: both from sunbathing and saunas or hot baths.
- Avoid wearing tight clothes and high heels: Cellulite is caused by an inflammatory process in the fatty layer that covers the body, and it easily appears with tight clothes because they are garments that compress the body.
- Value the use of rest stockings: If you stand or sit for many hours, they will help prevent tired legs, cellulite, and even the appearance of varicose veins.
- Do not spend many hours sitting, standing, or crossing your legs.
CABIN TREATMENTS TO ELIMINATE CELLULITE
Currently, many non-invasive treatments can be performed in beauty centers that can help improve cellulite. The handicap is usually the price and how complicated it can sometimes be to find the time to go to the center to perform the treatment. In addition, it is extremely important to maintain the results obtained so that the process does not start again.
- Mesotherapy: specific products for cellulite are injected to act on localized fat and directly in the areas with adiposity (cartridge cases, inner knees, and abdomen).
- Carboxytherapy: a carbon dioxide gas (CO2) is applied through subcutaneous injections. It is indicated for all types of cellulite because it improves circulation by improving tissue oxygenation and, consequently, skin elasticity.
- Radiofrequency: a treatment with electromagnetic energy that acts by heat stimulating microcirculation, regenerating tissue, and promoting collagen synthesis.
- Wood therapy: a powerful manual massage is applied using wooden tools. It is sometimes painful.
- Mechanical systems, such as LPG etc. It is another way to perform a massage that stimulates the tissue at a deep level.
HOME TREATMENTS TO COMBAT CELLULITE
Many creams promise almost magical results, but first, we must be aware that miraculous results do not exist, in cellulite, the key is always consistency. They can help us especially to prevent and improve cellulite in grades I and II.
In a cream, we must pay attention to its composition, that it contains some of these substances in high percentage: Caffeine, L-Carnitine, Escin, Forskolin, rucus, horse chestnut, pineapple, green tea... that help to drain, improve micro-circulation and activate fat burning.
The biggest handicap of conventional creams is that they stay on the surface of the skin and do not penetrate to the deep layers, where the cellulite process takes place. However, they can sometimes slightly soften the appearance of orange peel skin by improving skin elasticity, especially thanks to active ingredients such as hyaluronic acid, which has great moisturizing power.
Therefore, it is important to apply them with an intense upward circular massage, manually or with the help of a massager to improve their penetration and efficacy.
Today, thanks to advances in science, there are encapsulated ingredients that protect the active ingredients from degradation and allow them to overcome the skin barrier to reach the deepest layers. It is the most similar domestic cosmetic system to a non-invasive mesotherapy and is much more effective than those formulated conventionally.
Among the domestic treatments, the most effective is the anti-cellulite massage with quality electric tools. They must have a good design and produce a lot of power to achieve results.
Their greatest advantage is that they allow us to be constant, since the anti-cellulite massage is very complicated to be applied by oneself.
There are many on the market, but few that can faithfully reproduce the manual massage effectively and achieve results.
These treatments can help us in the early stages of cellulite, from cellulite type I to type III. For more complex cellulite, you should see a doctor because you will probably have to resort to a more invasive method.
If you are interested in using this type of device at home, we suggest you read this article on what to look for when choosing a good anti-cellulite massager.
SHOULD I GO TO THE DOCTORS?
Orange peel skin is not a disease, it is mainly an aesthetic issue, but there are certain cases in which it is advisable to see a doctor:
- If you suspect that it has been caused or aggravated by a medication.
- If it is associated with metabolic, hormonal, or orthopedic diseases.
- If it is a severe case, grade IV.
- If it is associated with other dermatological pathologies that you already have.
- If you think it may be a lymphedema, an accumulation of lymphatic fluid in the adipose tissues just under your skin, which generates inflammation and discomfort. As it is a condition in which the lymphatic fluid does not drain properly and is blocked, it can be helped to drain better through: massage therapy, compression stockings, compression boots, exercise...
Ready to start taking care of your cellulite and avoid the orange peel look on your thighs?
Don't give up, cellulite is a progressive process, if left untreated, it continues to worsen from one grade to the next. Up to grade III, you can take care of yourself at home, allowing you to save money and time and be consistent. The sooner you start taking care of yourself, the easier it will be to see results, which will encourage and motivate you.
From Glo, we have the best anti-cellulite massager that you can use alone or combine it with cosmetics to further enhance the results. Discover Glo910 and everything it can do for you.