Many women are concerned about the appearance of their knees because they tend to accumulate fluids and swell, if this is your case, this article will interest you.
Fat and retention tend to accumulate in different areas of the body, as well as in the knees, giving them a volume and swollen appearance that can be accompanied by cellulite in the knees. If you have fat on your knees and you want to combat excess fat in that area effectively, we will explain how to do it with some simple tricks.
First of all, you have to keep in mind that you must say goodbye to a sedentary lifestyle if you really want to improve your knees, and not only for aesthetic reasons, but also for health, because over time you can have more serious problems in this area so important for mobility.
Do you want to start taking care of your knees? We explain how to take care of your knees, eliminate fat and retention of the knees with exercises, and provide some tricks that you can put into practice daily.
Why do I have thick knees?
Having thicker knees in proportion to our legs or with a swollen appearance is generally due to the existence of localized fat in this particular area of the body or excess fluid. But it is important to note that this is not only a problem linked to overweight or obesity, since there are bodies with an ideal weight that have an accumulation or excess fat in localized areas, as may be the case of the knees.
Thus, fatty knees appear as a result of a concentration of adipose cells in the knee area, both on the inner and outer sides. But what is the cause of this accumulation? It may be a genetic or hormonal problem or, usually, due to a sedentary and inactive lifestyle.
This area also tends to accumulate fluids and swell, which can cause them to look wider than they should in relation to the rest of our leg.
Changing your lifestyle and doing specific exercises will help you reduce cellulite in the knees and have more stylized legs, so if you want to get down to work to change those areas of your body that you do not like, from Glo910.com/en we help you!
How to slim your knees?
Change your eating habits
If you feel that you accumulate fat or retain fluids in the knees, or even have the typical dimples caused by cellulite in this area of the body and you want to remedy it, it is crucial to adopt healthy habits such as improving your diet and reduce as much as possible the consumption of refined sugars, processed foods, refined flours or saturated fats. Design your daily menus based on fruits, vegetables, proteins, and whole-grain flours, and keep in mind the following points:
Reduce salt intake and improve your cellulite
Wondering how to remove fat from your knees quickly? The first step, and the one that will bring the biggest change to your body, is to reduce salt intake. Salt generates fluid retention, one of the main reasons why fat accumulates in certain areas of the body; therefore, if you want to reduce fatty knees to the maximum, you will have to reduce the amount of salt in your dishes, in addition to avoiding precooked products.
No more fried or fatty foods
Another fundamental point to having a healthy and balanced diet and helping fight the accumulation of localized fat is reducing the intake of fried foods, fats, processed foods, industrial pastries, and snacks. Always opt for healthier versions and start cooking that is more grilled, boiled, baked, or steamed. After a few days, you will see how the cellulite on your knees will begin to disappear.
Increase water intake
Increasing the amount of water consumed daily is also important to avoid fluid retention and, consequently, the possible appearance of cellulite in the knees. In addition to the intake of 1.5-2 liters of water daily, we encourage you to include green tea and coffee in your diet, always with moderate consumption, since caffeine and theine have an accelerating power that helps burn body fat faster.
Go for a walk
If you're wondering how to get rid of fat on your knees, you should know that this is the most effective and safest solution there is (even more so than the often very aggressive knee fat removal treatments). As noted above, the key to saying goodbye to fatty knees is to avoid a sedentary lifestyle and move; therefore, walking is an ideal activity.
Daily walking, for a minimum of 40 minutes, will help you to keep your body in good shape and will also bring great health benefits (increased endurance, oxygenation of cells, strengthening of muscles, etc.).
You're on a diet, you're moving, you've started to stop being sedentary... but how can you get rid of localized fat accumulated in the knees more quickly and effectively? The answer is simple: by doing exercises to slim your knees that allow you to tone your legs to gain muscle. Among the most recommended leg loss exercises to work the knees are squats:
- Standing straight, slightly separate your legs until they are parallel to your shoulders.
- Keep your back straight at all times, without straining your neck.
- Clasp your hands together in front of your chest so as not to push yourself with them and to keep your back straight.
- Then start to descend. Lower your buttocks slowly, bending your legs as if you were going to sit on a chair.
- When you get all the way down, come back up, keeping your back straight and using only your legs and buttocks to stimulate the muscles in those areas.
Perform sets of 15-20 repetitions of the exercise daily and, in a few days, you will notice the difference. If you want a more detailed step-by-step description of how to do squats correctly at home, continue reading this other link.
TIP: Use a resistance band to enhance the exercise so that it forces you to keep your legs apart. The rubber should be placed at knee level, slightly above the knees.
Treatments to eliminate fat from the knees
If despite performing these exercises and following these tips, cellulite on the knees is still a problem for you, you can consider other treatments to remove fat from the knees. How can fat be removed from the knees effectively and through medical treatments? These are the most recommended and popular methods:
- Anti-cellulite massage: Slimming massages are a highly effective option for eliminating fat and retaining the knees. In addition to contributing to the reduction in measures, these massages also significantly improved the appearance of cellulite in this area of the body. This treatment can also be applied during pregnancy or puberty, when hormonal changes can begin to affect the area of the knees. In Glo910.com/en, you have protocols to specifically treat fat and liquids accumulated in the knees with the glo910 anti-cellulite massage device. With the combination of exfoliation and gentle massage heads, you can achieve results in this area of the body.
- Liposuction of the knees: This type of surgery consists of aspirating the fat accumulated in the knees with great precision to give a harmonious shape to the contour of the leg.
- Lipolaser: A procedure similar to the previous one but safer and less aggressive that consists of using laser technology to break up fat deposits in specific areas of the body.
- Carboxytherapy: A technique that uses CO2 infiltrations to eliminate fat accumulation in small areas.
- Body mesotherapy: it is also worth mentioning this technique, a treatment that consists of applying injections with small amounts of natural extracts, pharmaceutical products, and vitamins to promote weight loss in certain areas.
Now that you know how to improve and slim your knees, we recommend you always try first the knee slimming exercises and natural remedies, because despite needing more time, they are very effective and safer solutions. Discover how the Glo910 slimming massage device can help you achieve slimmer, cellulite-free legs.