Lately, yoga and facial massage are very fashionable, for the care of the face in a holistic and different way. Facial massage is a practice that, in addition to providing a moment of relaxation, offers immediate and visible benefits to the appearance of the face. Massage involves specific techniques for the face, neck, and cleavage with the aim of improving the health and appearance of the skin by oxygenating and toning it better.
Ideally, facial massage can be part of our daily skincare routine, but it can also be a more in-depth treatment offered by professionals, such as facialists. Facial massage can be performed with the hands or using accessories, such as gua sha, to facilitate or enhance it.
Benefits of facial massage
Facial massage has countless benefits for our skin and our well-being. Here are some of them:
- Improves circulation: A good facial massage stimulates blood circulation in the area, which allows better oxygenation of the cells and therefore a more luminous skin.
- Promotes cell regeneration: Massage facilitates the elimination of dead cells and stimulates the production of new cells, leading to younger, more radiant skin.
- Relaxes muscles: Like any other massage, the facial also relaxes muscles and helps relieve tension.
- Improves absorption of products: If you massage after applying your skincare products, they will penetrate the skin better.
- Relieves stress: Facial massage is a great way to relax and relieve stress, which also contributes to healthier skin.
How to massage the face?
Facial massage requires delicacy, as the skin of the face is much more sensitive than the rest of the body. Here are a few tips:
- Wash your face well before starting and make sure your hands are clean.
- Apply a facial cream or oil to make it easier for your fingers to glide.
- Use your fingertips to make gentle, circular movements from the center of your face outwards.
- Don't forget to massage the neck and décolleté area.
- Spend a few minutes on each area of the face: forehead, cheeks, nose, chin, and neck.
- Finish with gentle movements to relax the skin and close the pores.
Types of facial massages
There are several types of facial massages, each with its own characteristics and benefits. Let's get to know three of the most popular ones.
Korean facial massage
This massage has become famous thanks to the fame of the Korean beauty routine. It focuses on stimulating pressure points on the face to eliminate toxins and reduce puffiness. This massage, if done correctly, can even help redefine the contours of the face.
The kobido massage, also known as the "Japanese facelift", is an ancient technique that promises to rejuvenate and firm the skin without requiring surgery. This massage works deep into the muscles of the face to stimulate the production of collagen and elastin.
Relaxing facial massage
This massage focuses on releasing the accumulated tension in the facial muscles. It is not only beneficial for the skin, but also for relieving headaches, improving sleep, and reducing stress.
What accessories to use to give a facial massage?
Accessories can be great allies to enhance the benefits of facial massage. Here are some of the most popular ones:
The facial roller is an instrument that has gained a lot of popularity in recent years. They are made of different materials, but jade and rose quartz are the most used. They help reduce puffiness, improve circulation, and facilitate the absorption of skin care products.
Massage stone or gum sha
The massage stone, also known as gua sha, is another highly effective tool. It allows deeper massage and stimulates acupuncture points on the face.
Remember, a good facial massage can do wonders for your skin. However, the results are not immediate and require consistency and continuous care. But is there anything in the world of beauty that doesn't need consistency? With the right dedication, you will see your skin improve dramatically.
Are you ready to begin your journey to a healthier, more radiant skin with facial massages?