Have you used several anti-cellulite creams without feeling the desired effect? Do you have doubts about whether they are really effective against cellulite or if they only moisturize your skin? In this article, we will try to solve your doubts.
To understand its degree of effectiveness, it is crucial to know what cellulite is, since it is not a superficial issue, but an inflammatory and complex process that occurs at the subcutaneous level, in the deepest layers of the skin.
Creams have a first great difficulty to be effective, and that is to penetrate the dermis. One of the functions of our skin is to act as a protective barrier against external aggressions, so to penetrate it and reach the cellulite is complicated.
What is cellulite?
Cellulite is one of the body aesthetic concerns that most concern women and affects the vast majority (90%) at some point in our lives. It is not a health issue in itself, but sometimes, it affects self-esteem, causing a lack of security and can even cause insecurities that lead us to stop making plans that we like because we are ashamed to show our bodies.
Trying to fight cellulite may seem frivolous, but it is not at all. Taking care of ourselves means loving ourselves, it is not about obsessing about a perfect body, but simply not letting ourselves, since cellulite is a progressive process and if it is not stopped, it will inevitably get worse. Knowing our body and feeling better about ourselves will make us feel better.
Cellulite mainly affects women because of the way the fibrous septa are arranged in our body (vertical) as opposed to how they are distributed in the case of men (honeycomb), and it is not directly related to weight, it has to do with weight, some thin women have cellulite.
The causes are diverse, amongst them, one of the most important is hormones, so sometimes it appears without further ado at puberty, but also aspects such as diet or a sedentary lifestyle can favor its appearance.
Cellulite usually appears in specific areas such as the hips, thighs, abdomen and buttocks. Fighting it is not easy, but not impossible, and one of the most frequent doubts is whether anti-cellulite creams work.
At this point, it is important to differentiate between cellulite and orange peel skin.
- Cellulite: the process that occurs in the deepest layers of the skin, at the subcutaneous level. This process begins with fluid retention, which ends up causing the adipocytes to hypertrophy (increase in size). Over time, fibrosis occurs, which makes it more difficult to succeed in treating cellulite.
- Orange peel: is the uneven appearance of the skin, which shows up with dimpling and bumps. It is a reflection of the process that is occurring underneath, at a deep level.
Keys to making cellulite cream work
For any anti-cellulite treatment to work, you must be VERY CONSISTENT. The creams should be applied throughout the year, combined with other care (diet, exercise, massage, etc). In general, with cellulite, it is not enough to take care of it in summer, you must also treat it in winter to get it under control.
No treatment is miraculous, but acting properly and consistently can achieve great improvements that make us look much better.
- For anti-cellulite creams to work, they must always be combined with exercise, food and oral supplements (fat burning, collagen for cellulite...
- To see results, creams should be applied morning and night for at least two months, after showering, on dry skin.
- The anti-cellulite creams should be applied with an ascending massage and in circles. Professional anti-cellulite massage is deep and complicated to do by oneself, but we can help ourselves by using a good anti-cellulite massager, such as Glo910.
Some studies assert the great importance of massage in the effectiveness of creams, increasing their penetration by up to 50%.
- Exfoliating at least once a week beforehand helps to improve circulation (something that also influences cellulite) and helps the anti-cellulite cream penetrate better by eliminating dead cells.
- Anti-cellulite creams are effective if combined with a balanced and varied diet, with plenty of fruits and vegetables, which provide fiber and are antioxidants.
- Use encapsulation technologies such as niosomes to transport the active ingredients to the deepest layers of the skin, where cellulite is found.
How to choose an anti-cellulite cream that works? Essential ingredients
The ingredients of the anti-cellulite creams that work have action, mainly on the main causes of cellulite: micro-circulation, edema, hypertrophy of adipocytes...
- The adipose tissue lipolytic action (reduces localized lipids) and inhibiting lipogenesis (prevents the formation of both lipids).
- The circulatory system with venotonic active ingredients (which increase venous tone).
- The lymphatic system with anti-edematous actives (which decrease vascular permeability) and rubefacient agents (which increase the temperature of the application area). Here you can see pictures of edematous cellulite to learn how to identify it.
- Ideally, they should also act on the fibrosis affecting the cellulite tissue, which improves tissue elasticity.
It is crucial to try to improve the penetration of these types of creams because, as we have explained, it is at a very deep level that creams do not reach. Thanks to biotechnology, there are active ingredients encapsulated in smaller molecules to improve their penetration. They are usually applied more in facial cosmetics than in body cosmetics due to their high cost.
The specific anti-cellulite formulas that work best usually contain caffeine, L-carnitine, ruscus, escin, horse chestnut, centella asiatica, ginkgo biloba, Forkosil, rutin ..., to act on micro-circulation and tissue edema, to prevent the accumulation of toxins and fluids that triggers this process.
At Glo, as experts in the beauty of women's legs. We have developed highly effective anti-cellulite cosmetics that act in a complementary way. Both have been awarded several times as winners of the best beauty products in The Shortlist Beauty Awards.
BEST BEAUTY PRODUCT FOR THE AREA: LEGS
This light cream with nano-encapsulated active ingredients allows maximum penetration, guaranteeing its effectiveness. It is formulated to act on edema and microcirculation that trigger cellulite. It helps to deflate legs and relieve tired legs. It improves spider veins and circulation and has great moisturizing power for legs with dry skin. It's a simple yet effective way to take care of the health and beauty of your legs.
BEST ORGANIC ANTI-CELLULITE OIL
Glo Oil 910 Body Sculptor Essential oils and Zingiber fat-burning active ingredient
A pure oil formulated without water with super nourishing oils and 25% essential oils to act on the most resistant fat, enhanced with a biotechnological active ingredient derived from Zingiber Zerumbet, exotic ginger with great lipolytic power. Ideal for anti-cellulite and slimming massage.